ICT Regulation and Guidelines
PURA was initially created by The Gambia Public Utilities Regulatory Authority Act, 2001 (the “PURA Act”) as an independent agency with the mandate to regulate certain “regulated public services”, which are defined in section 2(1) of the act as meaning “a communication service, a transport service, an energy service or a water service provided directly or indirectly to the public or to any section of the public”.
PURA plays a pivotal role among policy makers, including the Office of the President, Ministry of Information and Communication Infrastructure (MOICI) and Ministry of Energy, and licensed service providers and consumers. The President of The Gambia appoints the members of the Board of PURA including the Director General.
- QoS Guidelines
- National Numbering Plan Regulation Guidelines
- Spectrum Application Form Radio Communication Service Guidelines
- Application of a VSAT Guideline
- Short Codes Application Guidelines
- Number Block Application Guidelines
- Interconnection Guidelines
- Guideline for Deploying New Technologies
- Guidelines for 3rd-Party Service