Consumer Affairs Overview
The Directorate of Consumer Affairs (DCA) is mandated by the PURA Act 2001 to preserve and protect the interest of consumer of all regulated services. Under the Act, DCA ensures that unfair business practices and unconscionable acts are not prevalent in everyday consumer business transactions. To underpin these functions, DCA engages in a range of activities to educate, provide adequate information to consumers and advice consumers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Act as an interface between the consumer and regulated sector
- Handle and resolve consumers’ complaints and disputes.
- Prepare and execute consumer awareness programs in order to empower consumers of regulated utilities.
- Follow up on matters of consumer concern raised through various media and update the Authority accordingly.
- Promote among service providers best practices in the delivery of quality of service and value for money.